Sunday, July 26, 2015

NOTD: Ice Queen var.1

Time for a 2-step nail art design for weeks when a mere "accent" finger doesn't cut it anymore.





This is one of the many variations of the Ice Queen theme I often play around with. The perpetually scorching weather here makes me quite a hothead (hello, heat-induced migraines), so it's good to have something cool and frosty to focus on when you're trying to imagine away the heat. Plus, my arms and hands always feel like icicles in spite of the heat, so might as well look the part, right?






 







1: After putting on your base coat, paint green polish on half of the nail(s). The line doesn't have to be perfect, since it's going to be obscured by the glitters later. This is two coats of Girl Stuff nail polish in what I'm pretty sure is Jade (I wish they'd print the name on the bottle)





2:  Glob on clear nail polish that has blue glitters or flecks This is Innisfree nail polish #74. This brand isn't available here, but any blue glittery polish will do. Apply top coat after waiting for it to dry. Considering that I had to put on a lot of the innisfree polish, I waited 30 mins. before putting on the top coat.










And there you have it! one of my many variations on the Ice Queen theme. Doesn't this combination remind you of a certain queen who doesn't want to build a snowman?

Have you noticed any recurring themes in your nail art? Feel free to share a picture with us below!

No comments:

Post a Comment