Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 2015 Sale Season Haul

It's equal parts good and evil that they have a massive sale season right around the time you receive your mid-year bonus. Sure, the free stuff and mark-downs aren't as glorious as those in the Christmas season, but at this time of the year, you don't have to buy gifts for everyone else. All of it is just for you, you greedy hoarder.

I am a complete sucker for anything with a "% off" marker. I don't always buy them, but those tantalizing on-sale pieces get me to do what they're meant to do in the first place: Get you in the store so you'll check out all their other stuff. I hate that I play into it, but then wonder, "What if they have amazing stuff that I haven't tried yet!?" And how can you resist when you see a lot of stuff that you've always wanted to try going for 10-70% off?

Yes, an estimated 95% of this stuff are impulse-buys.

It was actually Maybelline's 100 Year Anniversary Sale that got me out the door. Are they on sale because they're MAYbelline and it's May? We might never know.
Okay, one of them's L'oreal but they're in the same group of companies

 

Great Lash will only be here for a limited time. It's only P350, so take this chance to gt your hands on this cult favorite.

Some other drugstore stuff that I wanted to try out. Revlon's balm stains are 50% off until what seems to be the end of the month


Picked up some stuff from The Body Shop, too. Word of warning: at regular price, the 400ml tub costs P1,495 (P897 now at 40% off ) versus the 200ml tub that costs P695. I only thought to compute that when I got home. Argh. You can pick a prize when you point out Ben (a little cardboard cutout holding the company logo) to the staff. The staff insist that you have to purchase first, although the contest mechanics don't mention that. We got a "free makeover". Big whoop.

SM seems to have taken over the import/distribution of the brand, since the SA asked for my Advantage Card. Not sure how that's going to affect the brand's sale season cycles. 


V&M Naturals has a new stall in Megamall. They've extended the opening sale to May 18th. 20% off everything, and P1,000 for 5 soaps, which usually cost P295 each.


Just because I happened to pass by the Girl Stuff stall. Also trying to find an alternative to OPI top coats because people keep borrowing them.


Finally, there's this mirror/stand whatever thing from Regalong Pambahay that I've had my eye on since Christmas. I waited patiently for it to go on sale, first at 20/30% off, before getting it now at 50% off.

Did you snap up anything new this sale season? Show us in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to show us the Philosophy stuff. :)) The large tub is only cheaper at 40% off. Great. Now I'm back to thinking about it again. At least, they have stocks during May. I only saw the strawberry butter on sale at Christmas. Hmmm... I might go back for it. :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Philosophy bag includes your stuff, so wouldn't that be...not fair somehow? Since I won't be able to review some of them

    I don't know if there's an unspoken rule about broadcasting stuff like this but: They go through a couple of cycles on the stuff they put on sale: 2nd item at 50/70% off, 40% off, then buy-one-get-one near the holidays. If you're looking for the regular scents, sometimes it pays to just wait :)

    ReplyDelete