Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Review: Pantene Pro-V 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner

Any product that is advertised as a "zOMg super bestseller evar!!!! <3 <3" at the exact moment it hits the shelves gets an adequate amount of side-eye from me. It's about as believable as a "bestseller's" list of a new restaurant on soft opening.

That said, I wasn't terribly excited to try Pantene Pro-V's new 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner. But when your chemically-murdered waist-length hair costs you enough conditioner to make you reconsider your life choices, you'll find yourself skeptically putting every new product on your shower rack, hyperbolic promises and all.

Price: around P57.00 for 100ml
Sample from BDJ.com



According to Pantene:
YOUR DAILY 3 MINUTE MIRACLE, FOR STRONGER, SHINIER HAIR*
Damaged hair tips, like split ends, lose more protein than the roots. This protein loss leads to a cycle of damage as it hollows the hair.
Pro-V formula
• Helps repair and seal every strand of hair – reduce protein loss to stop the damage progression
• Helps prevent future split ends even in 3 months**

See what I mean about the promises?


There is a lot of silicone in this product, which makes hair shiny and smooth, but it can hinder moisture absorption if  it builds up in the hair and scalp. Just wash it out every couple of days (or at least once a week) with a clarifying shampoo.

Before
Texture is light and smooth, as this is supposed to be an every day conditioner. One issue I have with this is that it has almost zero detangling abilities. I sometimes have to use a creamier conditioner first to work out all the knots. It has a pronounced sweet smell that reminds me of gummy bears. The scent lasts only 2-3 hours after washing though.
After
The first thing I noticed was a smooth bounciness, with noticeably less frizz, then the second thing I noticed was that I could feel a light, silky coat to my hair. The effect lasts for two days or so on my hair, with maybe 1/3 of the performance after shampooing on the second day. It's possible that the effect might last longer on healthy/normal hair. My hair is too far gone for any actual repair, in spite of the promises, but this provides a temporary respite from the rough, crunchy bits that keep poking my neck.
 
Summary
Pros:
  • Soft bouncy feeling
  • Costs as much as your regular supermarket conditioner. 
Neutral:
  • Smells like gummy bears for 2-3 hours
Cons: 
  • Doesn't detangle 


Performance Rating: 3.5/5

Longevity: 4/5

Scent: 3/5

Packaging: 4/5

Price:4.5/5



Buy/Rebuy: Bought. I like having soft, bouncy hair again, even if it's only for a few days.


Have you tried 3 Minute Miracle yet? Has it transcended the limitations of time and space to prevent split ends 3 months into the future?

6 comments:

  1. your hair is so ganda! i lold at your intro btw :) this product didnt work for me :( sayang kasi i was so excited pa naman to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shayne, and welcome to my blog! Sayang it didn't work for you :( maybe you rinsed it out too well, since this works by coating the strands in silicone

      Delete
  2. I have to have at least one tube at home at all times. Definitely a go-to product for me. This is someone who has had unmanageable hair since I was in diapers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe you. Your hair always looks so managed with no flyaways :))

      Thanks again for the heads-up on this!

      Delete
  3. I've been using this for a long time na, hindi ko napansin na pang split ends pala siya lols. Thank you for this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, let me know how well it fares in that department! :)

      Delete